Obviously, the headline is full of mistakes. And I will be honest with you—mistakes happen. I have made some doozies. Thankfully, my biggest this week was replying to a client’s note and signing his name at the end instead of mine. Here are some I have made and some I have prayed I wouldn’t make!
- I once sent off a pitch offering to spank someone’s interest. Sorry, I don’t want to spank anyone. But I am sure I may have sparked their interest.
- A client was looking for someone with a lot of sass in their writing. I sent him a reply saying I had lot of….well just remove the “s.”
- I can’t tell you how many times I have changed the “o” in shot to and “i.” A shooting is bad enough but the other?
- I once had a group of cyclists training 8 days a week. Thank you, Beatles.
- A college in my town had Angus beef sales on occasion. I had to be careful to not leave out the “g.”
- Also, be careful how you spell “public” area.
Side note, I once attracted a lot of porn followers on my website and social media accounts because I had two articles where I mentioned the work cock a few times. Get your minds out of the gutter. I wrote articles for a magazine in the chicken industry a few years ago.
I am sure some of my colleagues can remember some more of my blunders. But they happen and you have to pick yourself up and move on from them.
What mistakes have you made or seen? Leave them in the comments for a future post!
Have a great day!